Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-26, 09:06 AM
Regular User

Default Mattamy Homes Phase 7

Hello People,

I actaully stumbled acroess this site when I was searching for some sort of discussion forums for prople who bought Mattamy Homes in Brampton (Fletcher's Meadows Phase 7)
My husband and I bought the Hillgrove End townhome on Decker Hollow with a closing of Feb. 2007 were so excited that I think were becoming obsessed. We always talk about the house, read our papers over and over, floor plans, the options we choose and I swear the decor centre folks must think were crazy, we've been there numerous times they already know us!
I was reading some of the threads I found and can relate, especially the one about the design consultant. From the moment I met HER at our orientation I knew she was a different type of lady. I proved my self correct when I had my first structure appt. she had a very cold and very arrogent feel to her..not pleasent at all, even when I tried to crack a few jokes. Oh well, that part is over...now its just the waiting came.
I also read some concerns about the trains and the noise. I worry about this all the time. I'm the unlucky one to have my house face directly infront of the tracks. This was definitly not my choice. The townhomes went like hotcakes, I went in one day to the sales office and there were a few homes left, some of which did not face the trackes, I went back the next day..they were gone, well at least the ones we wanted. I guess even if my house didnt directly face the tracks, it wouildnt make much of a difference, unless I was blocks away.
Can anyone tell me how the noise level is or will be regarding the trains?
I would love to share my experiences with anyone else who going through the Mattamy home buying experience.
Fill me in, ask me questions, I'd love to share.

Tasp
Old 2006-07-26, 09:59 AM
LVSantos

Hi Tasp,

I think you are our neighbour across the street..we bought on Decker Hollow Circle too, lot 531L!

The noise from the train isn't that bad...I took a drive up there one day and the train just happened to be going by it wasn't that much of a distraction. We also went by the subdivision on the other side of the tracks and asked a few of the homeowners over there and they said that the train doesn't go by that often and that you get used to the sound and start to ignore it. That was one of my big concerns when we first bought, but now I'm more concerned or rather obsessed with choosing colours.

Were you at the orientation at the High Park Design Centre in June?
Who is your design consultant? We have Coreta and she seems to be really nice.

Take Care,

Lisa
Old 2006-07-26, 11:35 AM
Regular User

Hi LV Santos,

We seem to be very close. Oh and thanks for reasurring me. I can just imagine what my family and friends will say when they come to visit us and hear a freight train go by..lol

I was at the orientation, but I went in April at the High Park Design Centre. Ive completed both my structure and colour with Patrizia. I went with the Soho style with a bit of Sydney. My husband and I were so disapointed with the standard selection of Kitchen Cupboards. I noticed that the Halton Division has a better selection of Kitchen cupboards..oh well.

Here's what we choose.

Mission Maple Ginger in the Kitchen
Charcoal Essence counter top (Kitchen)
Incepa Verona Tile.
If you go to the design centre, you'll see the Soho set up, thats where we choose from.

Main bath, Mississippi bedrock counter top with ginger cupboards

At the colour appt. we had planned to get maple stairs, but Patrizia convinced us not too. Because the way our townhome is layed out, we have a lot of stairs, she suggested the daily wear and tear will cathc up on Maple stairs apparently Maple wood is softer and you see alot more dents and scratches. That would make me so mad if I knew I spent all this $$$ only to see scratches and dents...so we choose OAK. We went with a Walnut stain on the stairs so I hope the oak grains wont be so evident as it would with a lighter stain....We were trying to avoid the grains...Oh well.

Were going to do the hardwood floors right after we move in. Mu husband will attempt to do it. he's very handy so I know and trust it will come out fine.

what about you, have you decided on your choices yet?
By the way, check out the design centre, they completed the one for Peel...its looks very nice.

chat with you later..neighbour.

Tasp
Old 2006-07-26, 11:36 AM
Regular User

Hi LV Santos,

I forgot to add...I'm lot 583-8

Tasp
Old 2006-07-26, 02:31 PM
LVSantos

I know what you mean about the Oak stairs..I hate the grain too, but didn't really think that $12,000 for maple stairs was an option for us. (Also considering the fact that we don't have too many stairs.)

We are going back to the design center tonight because some of the colours we had picked from the old design center have been discontinued..I was so mad!

We went to the new Peel division design center on Sunday and it's pretty nice, but it's a bit confusing with the way the tiles are separated...oh well! We have our colour selections appointment next week here are our selections.

Kitchen:
Ultra 3 - Village Maple Hazelnut (Upgrade)
Counter: Butterum granite
Floor tile: Incepa Verona

Main Washroom:
Ultra 1 - Village Maple Nutmeg (Upgrade)
Counter: Mississippi Bedrock
Floor Tile: Anatolia Beige
Wall Tile: Verona Champagne & Decor tile w/ inserts

Master Ensuite:
Ultra 1 - Village Maple Hazelnut (Upgrade)
Counter: Mississippi Bedrock
Floor tile: Verona Brown - Mattamy S.E. Tile
Wall Tile: Verona Brown & Decor tile w/ inserts

Powder room and Foyer:
Tile: Slate beige - 1st Level Upgrade

We upgraded a few of the tiled areas because the standard ones were too shiny and would get dirty too fast. Plus it didn't cost that much extra. Most of our upgrades were for the kitchen (pot drawers, corner angled cupboard w/ glass door, deep upper over fridge w/ gables etc.) considering that's the place we are going to be spending the most time in.

As you can see we didn't really stick with one of the designer series selections.

Did you take the standard 3 appliances with your offer or opt for the upgrades?

Lisa

Last edited by LVSantos; 2006-07-27 at 03:15 PM.
Old 2006-07-26, 03:33 PM
Regular User

wow, those selections all sound very nice.

We actually went with the 1500.00 credit to the decor centre and are purchasing our appliances. A while back we went to look at the Maytag Store right by the Mattamy office, off of Dundas and were surprised by what we saw. Maytag carries a lower line of appliances called Amana. Their look is so similar but way cheaper. We were able to leave a deposit on the appliances and got 6 appliances for 5800.00. That was amazing considering we did a lot of shopping around for appliaces. This includes stainless steel side by side fridge with water and ice on the door, flat top convection oven, above the range microwave, stainless interior dishwasher and washer and dryer.
I would definitly reccomend this deal to everyone!

How about you, what did you choose?

Tasp
Old 2006-07-26, 03:52 PM
LVSantos

Well we chose the appliances, but after going to The Brick and seeing the standard appliances, we were less than pleased. We are going to get a credit through them and then see what else they have to offer. Looking back on it I wish we would have taken the credit towards our upgrades because the selection really sucks!

I was also looking at the new Amana line of appliances...just unsure of whether to get black or stainless steel. I also want a slide-in range..I don't know what Mattamy is going to charge us for the change in the counter behind the stove though.

Sounds like you got yourself a deal...did you have to leave a deposit with Maytag? What happens if your closing date changes?

Lisa

Last edited by LVSantos; 2006-07-26 at 03:56 PM.
Old 2006-07-26, 04:02 PM
Regular User

we were considering a slide in range as well, but we have curious 2 and half year old and were fearful of what he can do or get himself into.
We left a 200.00 deposit and are willing to deliver in Feb. 2007 I'm sure if the closing changes they would accmodate to it.
I just hope they dont go out of business by then.

If something does happen, it's only 200.00 I'd be loosing and not 25% of the total bill like most appliance stores.
Old 2006-07-27, 10:18 AM
LVSantos

Smile

Tasp,

That's still a good deal! I really don't have a clue when it comes to appliance purchases. I think we are going to take this weekend and go and research our choices. Have you heard of appliance canada?

Lisa
Old 2006-07-27, 10:57 AM
Regular User

I have heard of appliance canada. I know a few people who have purchased appliances from there. I went a few months back to see what they were all about and was very impressed with the selection they carry. They carry every make you can think of. The day I went was very busy and wasnt too impressed with the service. When I finally got to a sales man he explained to me how they work. From what I remember, you can only pay in cash and basically you negotiate a price with them. Its best you shop around and know the prices of what your looking for and try to see if they can beat the price of other appliance stores.
Closed Thread