Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > East Gwillimbury

East Gwillimbury Holland Landing, Queensville, Mount Albert, River Drive Park, and Sharon.

Old 2017-03-02, 05:27 PM

Is this the same process with most new home developers? or just with Mosaik? Seems illegitimate and shady. Something you would read in the newspapers.
Old 2017-03-02, 11:21 PM
Regular User

I do agree with you. I think if the government were to control housing prices in Toronto they would have to restrict realtors and brokers from owing multiple properties for speculative investment and artificially inflating the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemanor View Post
Its not the builder...it's the brokerage/realtors.
They are the middleman and gate keepers to the access for the lots.
They understand there is high demand and they are making money hand over fist providing access to those willing to pay the highest amount. I would say it's not just specific to the mosaik Sharon development. It was just the most blatant one I've ever personally experienced.
Old 2017-03-03, 11:58 AM
Regular User

FYI, not trying to fight or argue here. There might be a number of realtors owning multiple properties for "investment" which is absolutely normal. And there are terrible realtors there holding onto things and set crazy price (those that have huge connection with some builders).

A lot of banks are excluding realtor from their self-employment program, so even at 35%, even my own primary residence, I am having difficulty getting a mortgage. Sadly said, I need my wife to be the primary applicant as a get-around

Secondly, without a taker at those price, no one can inflate anything. Realtors are just one step ahead of an average joe in terms of the RE market, but we're not gods. We have no control over anything other than the buy and sale. Speaking for most, if not all.

And for the correction, the "sales brokerage" representing the builder are doing the backend access stuff. But at the same time, the builder allowed them to do it. So who is the big thief behind? Most realtor only take a few grand as the service to connect the bridge between you and those thief. Personally I can help a lot of you gain these access, but often times, I refrain from doing so because making money off family-in-difficulty is against my moral values. I do not proactively seek these people unless they come to me and desperately need it. I used to be a family in extreme difficult times, so I understand how these people struggle in life.

I have been in these access and I can tell you, there are so many different races, its surprising! These guys have failed to buy at line ups in the past (when back end access is not a common thing). They are so sick of lining up for nights and realizing they cannot get any lot. So they rather pay 20-30k to get in and get something. Its sad. Even as a realtor, I cannot get what I want, I lined up for everything I bought in the past, even now my wife cannot agree with me to pay my way to buy.

Also, some of these people buying in, claimed that in their country, these system was there for ages, they are surprised this is new in Canada.

Again, I have been around BH as long as some other senior members here has been. I am not trying to argue anything or defend for all realtors. Also not saying I am the greatest or what. I have been through difficult times, and I have also struggles in life. Even had clients stolen by other realtors because those were willing to do the shady stuff. I had time believing that if I stay honest with everything, dishonest realtor will take advantage of me, but I know God knows and I persevere with my belief of being good/kind to others.

I hope you take my response the positive way I intended to be.
Old 2017-03-03, 04:16 PM
Regular User

Totally understand where you are coming from and I shouldn't have broad brushed all realtors and all brokers. I just meant the ones who are really taking advantage.

I have many realtors in my circle, family and friends.

I'm not perfect either and given the opportunity and access to make that kind of money, I probably would be tempted. It just sucks when you're not in the "in" and have genuine aspirations to purchase.
Old 2017-03-03, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Its not easy when a lot of my friends who can't buy or afford anything now. And there is only so much I can do for them.
Old 2017-03-09, 01:30 AM

I would say East Gwillimbury is the up and coming area where the asian community is coming in and buying everything. I know because I am chinese and all my family friends are talking about East Gwillimbury. A lot of these chinese people think the prices are dirt cheap compared when they had back in the country where house prices are triple the amount with 1/3 of the size.
Old 2017-03-14, 06:52 PM

Default Sale Upon Closing

Hello Everyone,
First time poster. Thanks to all the great info in this forum. I will be selling my house upon closing in mid-April. It is from Mosaik and on Manor Hampton st. It's about 3400 sf and 5 bedroom house on a 40 ft lot. If anyone is interested, pls PM me I'll provide more information.
Thanks
Nathan