Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2014-04-21, 01:52 AM
Regular User

Thumbs down Home depot Comedy of errors

Just a heads up for everybody....NEVER buy your appliances from the Home Depot (esp the one @ Argentia in Mississauga)..we had some extremely painful experience with them... We were without any stove for a week then got a loaner until our stove finally arrived after 2 weeks of moving in. But thats not just it. Read on if you can to know the full story

We ordered our appliances 4 mths before moving in (GE stove & range hood and all other Samsung) and got some very good deal after price match and extra 10% but then on the 20th, a week before our move in we got a call from them that our appliances could not be delivered on time because of a strike at Vancouver port, even though they had all our appliances except for the dishwasher and the port doesn't release until they have all the ordered items. She said that if we cancel our order and then re order without the dishwasher then it wont be a problem as they will release our order and we can re order the D/W separately. Fine. We go to HD on the 21st and do the same.

Now the comedy of errors begins...

The guy at HD told us that our washer and dryer could not be delivered on the 28th as well. We had no option. We said that as long as we get our stove and fridge on the 28th, we are good.So he makes a separate order for washer, dryer and DW with delivery scheduled for the 9th of April.
While we were there we asked him to call GE to confirm whether our stove be delivered on time or not. He asked us not to worry abt the stove as it was GE and the problem we were having was because of Samsung. Anyways he called and the lady confirmed that its set to be delivered on the 28th.

Now we are satisfied that at least our stove and fridge will be delivered on time.

We were wrong!

Now we get a call on 26th that our appliances are ready for delivery on the 27... What??? Are you kidding me??? Our delivery was scheduled for 28 not 27. Thats the day our closing is and there is no way that we can rcv appliance delivery at 9 am...so we reschedule, after some back n forth, for the 28th. While on the phone, I ask what appliances are being delivered that day. And to my surprise she says that all four appliances plus the range hood. I ask abt stove and there is no stove in her records.

Now we cannot go to HD and argue abt whats going on as the next day is our moving. So we keep our cool and leave this for the 28 but gave a call to HD instead. The lady there says there is no way that you can get all appliances on friday as they are now scheduled for the 9th and as for the stove she tells a new story...first she says that there is no stove in your oredr...it was never ordered...then she transfered to another who said that the stove we ordered is now discontinued....WHAAAATTT.?? 5 days before it was all set to be delivered and now all of a sudden its discontinued (I can still see that its being sold at 2 other stores) ...huh...whatever...all of these calls to HD were abt an hr or half long. And then she calls back to offer a substitute which in her words was a STEP UP from what we ordered before while in reality that was $300 less than our stove.

We move in our new home on the 27th and now wait for the appliance delivery as we dont know whats coming and whats missing.

We get the delivery at scheduled time and the delivery guys were really good....and we got all of our appliances except the stove.

Another phone call to HD.

We have rogers coming in for the installation and then smart home monitoring guy had to come for survey so we just cant go to HD until the evening.

We get there and were told that we can now order the stove we want and they will not charge us any extra so I tell them my choice which is indeed a step up and was worth $200 more than what we ordered before. This is the only good thing that happened. As a compensation we did not have to pay any extra. And now our stove is to be delivered in 5 days.

The day before our stove's scheduled delivery, we did not get any call abt it so we got suspicious and called HD. To our greatest surprise we were told that there was no stove ordered

Another hr long phone call and then we go to HD...

REORDER...

Delivery next thursday...

As a compensation we get a loaner stove until our new stove is delivered.

Now the best part.... We get an automated call for scheduled delivery on the 9th...now we dont know what it is as our stove was to be delivered on 10th. I get a call on 9th frm the delivery guys asking for directions and he says that he has the washer, dryer and DW (that were reordered) I tell them that I already got them delivered and they go back.

And finally we get our stove delivered on the 10th (after 2weeks of moving in and after multiple hr long phone calls to HD and multiple visits)

After all that happened, I do wish they should have given us a gift card or sth for our honesty though

Ps: thanks for taking out time to read

progress thread
http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ad.php?t=21560

Last edited by Picky; 2014-04-22 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2014-04-21, 06:57 AM
Regular User

That sucks. Certainly not what you need right after closing. If it's any consolation we ordered bedroom furniture from The Bay for delivery late November / early December. We have loaner furniture with a new delivery date of July now for our furniture. No idea how a two week delivery slot becomes 7 months! And to top it off, a Bay employee kept our credit card info for his 'personal records'. You can guess the rest.

Old 2014-04-21, 09:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by London2Ottawa View Post
That sucks. Certainly not what you need right after closing. If it's any consolation we ordered bedroom furniture from The Bay for delivery late November / early December. We have loaner furniture with a new delivery date of July now for our furniture. No idea how a two week delivery slot becomes 7 months! And to top it off, a Bay employee kept our credit card info for his 'personal records'. You can guess the rest.
Wow...we have a story to tell abt the furniture too

progress thread
Old 2014-04-22, 10:39 AM
Regular User

You should tell that story to corporate ... they may do something for your inconvenience.
Old 2014-04-22, 11:16 AM
Regular User

I would contact head office and explain what happened they may offer up some compensation in the form of a gift card, store employees generally will not do that, has to be through management and above....

same thing happened to us from the brick, have this but not this, maybe have that, on delivery day the walked the fridge into a corner and damaged the door, washer died 4 times in 4 years....
Old 2014-04-22, 01:09 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the advice, poker n RFD
Let me see if I can find some contact info of head office

progress thread