Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2015-10-28, 11:07 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW@KCE View Post
NTKCE....do you know what sections of 27 are slated for widening? I too could not find anything on this.
I recently sent my concerns around congestion, truck traffic and truck turning in nobleton's core, via email to member(s) of council. Below is the reply i received...

"The volume of heavy vehicle traffic in our village cores is a concern. Thank you for sharing your email.

I recently met with the York Regional Police 4 District Superintendent to discuss traffic safety in Nobleton. One of the conversation items, was the need to police these large trucks and ensure they are operating safely and in accordance to MTO standards. I have included the link to the York Regional Police community concerns page. The YRP use this program to aid in the allocation of their resources. Please take the time to submit your concern -- these submissions have been proving to be effective in increasing police presence in Nobleton.

http://www.yrp.ca/en/services/community-concerns.asp

In order to implement no truck turning at King and 27, we would first need a Nobleton By-Pass. This is a long term objective, outlined in our Transportation Master Plan. Council and staff will continue to express this need to the Region.

In the near term - King Township is working with York Region designing intersection improvements for King and 27, construction is forecast to begin in 2017. This work will provide some much needed relief to Nobleton's traffic congestion.

Thanks for your recommendations."
Old 2015-10-28, 12:40 PM

Is there a garbage incinerator west of hwy 27 near Nobleton? Or it's in Brampton, north of the airport?
Old 2015-10-28, 01:21 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJP View Post
Is there a garbage incinerator west of hwy 27 near Nobleton? Or it's in Brampton, north of the airport?
There is no such facility in Nobleton.
Old 2015-10-28, 01:57 PM

Thank you CW@KCE!
Old 2015-10-28, 02:22 PM

Hi Craig, did you have a lot of trouble with Reliance tankless water heater in the past few years, how many time did you have to call them? Is your new unit performing better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBandy View Post
Got rid of the Reliance tankless water heater last week. Bought a slightly higher capacity Rinnai tankless unit and it fit the same installation. Only had to increase the length of one gas pipe by 1/2". Otherwise, uses the same concentric vent and maintenance valves as the rental, and Reliance doesn't want those back. Perfect.

I bought the new Rinnai RL94i unit from Wolseley, a plumbing supply house that my employer has an account with. Turns out, I could have bought it slightly cheaper from Amazon, of all places:

http://www.amazon.ca/Rinnai-RL94iN-N...459Y12WCVZN54W

Get a gas fitter in to legthen your horizonal run of 3/4" gas pipe, and you're good to go. It's so bloody simple. Call Reliance, cancel, don't listen to their fearmongering, insist on cancelling, order the new unit and get a gas fitter off Kijiji, or wherever. With the rental off the wall, leave it on the porch on the day that Reliance is due to pick it up. Easy.

Now you have more hot water capacity, and no more $40/month rental fees. And what do you you do if your water heater breaks?!? Same thing as Reliance would do - call a plumber.
Old 2015-10-28, 03:30 PM
Regular User

That makes sense. They mayor has been talking about intersection improvements for a couple of years now. I thought you were referring to a full scale widening from 2 lanes to 4 lanes from Major Mac up to Nobleton. The latter is what really needs to be implemented. IMO intersection improvements are only a stop-gap measure. AM rush hour traffic regularly backs up to King-Vaughan Townline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTKCE View Post
I recently sent my concerns around congestion, truck traffic and truck turning in nobleton's core, via email to member(s) of council. Below is the reply i received...

"The volume of heavy vehicle traffic in our village cores is a concern. Thank you for sharing your email.

I recently met with the York Regional Police 4 District Superintendent to discuss traffic safety in Nobleton. One of the conversation items, was the need to police these large trucks and ensure they are operating safely and in accordance to MTO standards. I have included the link to the York Regional Police community concerns page. The YRP use this program to aid in the allocation of their resources. Please take the time to submit your concern -- these submissions have been proving to be effective in increasing police presence in Nobleton.

http://www.yrp.ca/en/services/community-concerns.asp

In order to implement no truck turning at King and 27, we would first need a Nobleton By-Pass. This is a long term objective, outlined in our Transportation Master Plan. Council and staff will continue to express this need to the Region.

In the near term - King Township is working with York Region designing intersection improvements for King and 27, construction is forecast to begin in 2017. This work will provide some much needed relief to Nobleton's traffic congestion.

Thanks for your recommendations."
Old 2015-10-28, 03:54 PM
Regular User

Oh, that's a big difference like Cosimo said, we knew about this last year.

I went ahead and texted the Mayor, asking if Council had made a decision between widening 27 and a bypass.

It's Ok though, I'd still like to know anyway. I'll be back when I get a reply.
Old 2015-10-29, 10:54 AM
Regular User

Just heard from the Mayor.

He said "There will be no widening of 27 just intersection improvements and turning lanes. In respect to the bypass, we continue to advocate for one but nothing new to report."
Old 2015-10-29, 12:06 PM
Regular User

I take it as though they aren't even advocating for a Hwy 27 widening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
Just heard from the Mayor.

He said "There will be no widening of 27 just intersection improvements and turning lanes. In respect to the bypass, we continue to advocate for one but nothing new to report."
Old 2015-10-29, 12:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimo View Post
I take it as though they aren't even advocating for a Hwy 27 widening.
Yup, that's the way I'm taking it too, Cosimo.

I'd prefer the widening, but knowing how things get done, or don't get done, I'd be fine with the bypass.