Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2015-05-26, 11:30 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumman View Post
Hi everyone thanks for the 1000 plus pages of reading material of which I've read all. I'm new to the forum my wife and I recently purchased a home in the area and are exited to move there! Just wondering if anyone knows of a good daycare or anyone in he area that provides in home child care. Our son will be a year and a half old by the time our closing date comes around thanks in advance!
The one on 27 and King was called children's path but has recently changed owners and there is a new name now. dont remember the new name. the facility is nice and clean and the caregivers are so awesome (the new owners kept all the existing caregivers); my daughter went there when it was children's path though so i dont know how the new owners are but the rest of the staff is stellar.
I also sent my kids to the pumpkin patch in bolton - which is a really well run facility. their biggest competition in bolton is buzzybuddies.
due to the affordability and the popularity of pumpkin patch, buzzybuddies and the previously named children's path, i would highly recommend getting on the wait list now!!! (yesterday actually). these facilities each have a 1 year wait list so you can just register now with your estimated start date. pumpkin patch doesnt take children til 15 months and i'm not sure of the other centres. the programming at the pumpkin patch is really good and worth waiting til 15 months if you can.
there is also the montessori in nobleton but its 75$/day X 365 plus they charge a separate enrollment for summer, march break and christmas break (so, IMO they are double dipping! - that is how i understood it when they explained it to me but someone can correct me if i'm wrong). the others charge about 55$/day X365. of course they are all closed on stat holidays and most charge you for those days - common practice).
I did a lot of searching into the available centres and these were the ones that left the best impression on me and i ended up attending two of them. otherwise, there are a tonne in bolton but none that i was too impressed with. outside of bolton and nobleton, others that impressed me include the one within the church on 27 and nashville and the church on nashville and hwy 50.
hope this helps. again, i suggest doing the homework ASAP and signing up for at least 2 to 3 ASAP so you have a back up if your preferred choice doesnt come to fruition.
Welcome to the community and congrats on the new home and new baby!
p.s. i have no input into private home care. i looked at a couple and realized it wasnt for me. not to say its not a good option for you or others - just was not for me.
Old 2015-05-26, 11:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNNR View Post
Hey JoeToronto, My lawn could eventually look like the picture you posted if i don't look after it. I never thought it could be grubs! I guess that I'll head to Home Depot to pick up some grub killing formula. If anybody recommends somewhere else to get it. Thanks so much.
in this community, both grubs and joe's small bladder can wreak havoc on our lawns. but another thing to consider are the mice. if the patches seem to have trails stemming off of them and even connecting some, then its likely mice. also, mice will burrow under deep snow so if the spots coincide with where your snowdrifts were then this is another indication.
if its grubs and you want to kill them, joe is right...there is no where in Ontario that you can legally purchase grubex. you can try nemotodes - small living organisms that eat grubs. now is the time for this i think). i've tried numerous times with these little creatures but with very little success. they are finicky little bugs.
the other solution (which is one that i've had most success with) is getting good strong grass coverage - fertilizer, seed and topsoil/compost both spring and fall (i mostly use triple mix cuz its easiest but i do always worry about the acidity of the manure). of course the fertilize/seed/soil method will resolve the dead grass due to mice tracks as well.
as for peat moss...my experience is that is seems to repel water up to a certain point before it becomes super absorbent. so i find that its dry dry dry or way wet. you risk washing away your seeds in an effort to get the peat moss wet.
hope this helps.
Old 2015-05-26, 07:13 PM

Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erm View Post
Welcome to the forums. Which home design did you go with?

My wife and I will be in pretty much the exact same situation as you when we move in. There is a daycare in the area. It's on King just west of 27. Can't recall name off the top of my head. We are also exploring options in Vaughan as both are commutes to work go through Vaughan in case we can't get him in the one up there.
Awesome thanks for the info I'll check it our I also work in Vaughan so I guess I can explore that option as well! Look forward to meeting everyone there take care.
Old 2015-05-26, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erm View Post
Welcome to the forums. Which home design did you go with?

My wife and I will be in pretty much the exact same situation as you when we move in. There is a daycare in the area. It's on King just west of 27. Can't recall name off the top of my head. We are also exploring options in Vaughan as both are commutes to work go through Vaughan in case we can't get him in the one up there.
Also I bought the Yorkville modele which one did you go with?
Old 2015-05-26, 07:19 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTKCE View Post
The one on 27 and King was called children's path but has recently changed owners and there is a new name now. dont remember the new name. the facility is nice and clean and the caregivers are so awesome (the new owners kept all the existing caregivers); my daughter went there when it was children's path though so i dont know how the new owners are but the rest of the staff is stellar.
I also sent my kids to the pumpkin patch in bolton - which is a really well run facility. their biggest competition in bolton is buzzybuddies.
due to the affordability and the popularity of pumpkin patch, buzzybuddies and the previously named children's path, i would highly recommend getting on the wait list now!!! (yesterday actually). these facilities each have a 1 year wait list so you can just register now with your estimated start date. pumpkin patch doesnt take children til 15 months and i'm not sure of the other centres. the programming at the pumpkin patch is really good and worth waiting til 15 months if you can.
there is also the montessori in nobleton but its 75$/day X 365 plus they charge a separate enrollment for summer, march break and christmas break (so, IMO they are double dipping! - that is how i understood it when they explained it to me but someone can correct me if i'm wrong). the others charge about 55$/day X365. of course they are all closed on stat holidays and most charge you for those days - common practice).
I did a lot of searching into the available centres and these were the ones that left the best impression on me and i ended up attending two of them. otherwise, there are a tonne in bolton but none that i was too impressed with. outside of bolton and nobleton, others that impressed me include the one within the church on 27 and nashville and the church on nashville and hwy 50.
hope this helps. again, i suggest doing the homework ASAP and signing up for at least 2 to 3 ASAP so you have a back up if your preferred choice doesnt come to fruition.
Welcome to the community and congrats on the new home and new baby!
p.s. i have no input into private home care. i looked at a couple and realized it wasnt for me. not to say its not a good option for you or others - just was not for me.
Thanks for all the information I have my wife looking into them already and I'll definitely sign up to a few different ones as I've heard it can be difficult to get in. Children's path sounds like a good fit it's so close to where we bought. Thanks again for the help appreciate it.
Old 2015-05-26, 10:33 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the response NTCKE. I'll have to watch out for Joe's bladder. Lol.

I have another trade request...can anyone pass on a phone number for a tile setter?
Old 2015-05-27, 06:59 AM
Regular User

Default Sold, 27 McCutcheon Ave

RE/MAX HALLMARK YORK GROUP REALTY LTD., Brokerage 15004 Yonge St Aurora ON L4G 1M6 (905) 727-1941

27 Mccutcheon Ave
King Ontario L0G1N0
Sold:$1,296,000
List:$1,349,900
King Nobleton York 335-6-G
Taxes:$8,416.00 / 2015
For:Sale
% Dif:96
Contract Date:5/04/2015
Sold Date:5/25/2015
SPIS:N
Last Status:Sld
DOM:21
Detached2-Storey
Fronting On:EAcreage:.50-1.99143 x 240 FeetIrreg:
Rms:10Bedrooms:4Washrooms:41x2xMain, 1x5x2nd, 2x4x2nd
Dir/Cross St:Hwy 27 / King Road
-- Client Remks:Exceptional Executive Home In Desirable Estate Neighborhood In The Community Of Nobelton. Great Location For Families And Easy Commuting. Spectacular 3/4 Acre Lot With Mature Trees & Professionally Landscaped Gardens. Salt Water Pool, Pool House, Garden Shed, Sprinkler System Keep This Back Yard Oasis Lush And Beautiful. Full 3 Car Garage. New Roof, Furnace & Salt Water Pool System All 2014.Extras:Hardwood Floors, Cornice Moldings, O/C Kitchen, Breakfast Area & Family Room With Views Of Gardens & Pool. Chef's Kitchen With Viking Pro Gas Stove, Ss Appliances, Granite Counters, Wine Fridge. Excl: Fabric Window Coverings In B/R Only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27 mccutcheon.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	13024  

Last edited by joetoronto; 2015-05-27 at 07:02 AM.
Old 2015-05-27, 07:04 AM
Regular User

Default Sold, 192 Nobleton Lakes Drive

Laceby Real Estate Brokerage 2169 King Road King City King City, ON L7B 1A6

192 Nobleton Lakes Dr
King Ontario L0G1N0
Sold:$1,282,000
List:$1,298,000
King Nobleton York
Taxes:$9,288.29 / 2014
% Dif:99
Contract Date:4/18/2015
Sold Date:5/22/2015
DOM:34
Detached2-Storey
Fronting On:EAcreage:2-4.9998.42 x 0 FeetIrreg:2 Acre Estate Lot, 364.21 Feet Across B
Rms:8 + 1Bedrooms:3Washrooms:41x2xMain, 1x4x2nd, 1x3x2nd, 1x2x2nd
Dir/Cross St:Highway 27/ Nobleton Lakes

Client Remks:Muskoka In King ! This 2 + Acre Estate Lot Offers A Private, Peaceful , Idyllic Setting On One Of The Prettiest Golf Courses In All Of King Township. Offered For The First Time In 26 Years , This Unique , Warm , Log Home With Its Treasured Setting Could Be Yours. Hardwood Bush To The North And A 6 Acre Lake To The East With Walking Trails Close At Hand. And Your Own Skating Rink In The Winter! A Stunning Property!!Extras:Separate Garage Was Studio In One End. In Ground Pool . Include Fridge, Stove, Dishwasher, Washer & Dryer, All Electric Light Fixtures Except D R Chandelier. Pool Table . Pool Cover/Equipment! Great Room Addition!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	192 nobleton lakes.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	13025  
Old 2015-05-27, 07:08 AM
Regular User

Default Sold, 6 Nobleview Drive

Anne Hilliard, Agent Coldwell Banker Ronan Realty, Brokerage (416) 795-4920

6 Nobleview Dr
King Ontario L0G1N0
Sold:$770,000
List:$799,900
King Nobleton York 335-5-H
Taxes:$4,907.91 / 2014
% Dif:96
Contract Date:2/01/2015
Sold Date:5/25/2015
DOM:112
DetachedBungalow
Fronting On:WAcreage:148.52 x 200 FeetIrreg:Irregular S-150', Rear 124'
Rms:8 + 3Bedrooms:3 + 1Washrooms:22x4xGround
Dir/Cross St:King Rd & Hwy 27

Client Remks:Lovely All Brick Bungalow On Mature Fenced Half Acre Lot In Nobleton! This Impeccably Maintained Home Features A Spacious Eat-In Kitchen And Dining Area With Wood Fireplace. Convenient Entry From Double Garage To Main Floor Laundry/Mud Room & Multiple Walk-Outs To Huge Deck Overlooking Expansive Backyard With Mature Trees! Spacious Master With His/Her Closets & 4Pc Ensuite. 2nd Wb Fireplace, 4th Br (R/I) In Basement & Lots Of Potential For More Living Space!Extras:Run Your Small Business From Home With Great Exposure On King Rd! Included: All Elf's, Gdo & Remote, Ghwt(Rental), Water Softener (Owned), Cvac, Cac, Large Garden Shed. Please Contact The Listing Agent For Full List Of Inclusions/Exclusions
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6 nobleview.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	13026  
Old 2015-05-27, 08:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumman View Post
Also I bought the Yorkville modele which one did you go with?
Very nice. We went with the Bernard.