Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2008-07-28, 01:57 PM
mrjw mrjw is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario/Ottawa
Posts: 7
Default Fairwinds North - Delayed again!

I got a call on Friday from Mattamy about a delay in my house again.

My original closing date was May 15th...then I got the 120 day delay...so that moved my new closing date to Sept 10th. Got a call on Friday...now I'm delayed again another 50 days. Oct 29th now!

I'm in a townhouse lot 1-1 on Montserrat.

Man this suck! I signed my papers over a year ago now...July 14th, 2007 so I'm getting very annoyed with Mattamy!

Original Date: May 15th, 2008
New Date: Sept 10th, 2008
Newer Date: Oct 29th, 2008
Lot 1-1 (Queencliffe)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2008-07-28, 02:43 PM
Trepex Trepex is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chaperal, Orléans
Posts: 1,647
Default

Are those still tentative dates? If it's a confirmed date, it should be subject to Tarion's maximum extension, correct?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2008-07-28, 05:50 PM
mrjw mrjw is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario/Ottawa
Posts: 7
Default

I did receive my official letter for the Sept 10th delay which is the first 120 day delay.

The new date of Oct 29th is tentative.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2008-07-29, 10:29 AM
jwp jwp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjw View Post
I did receive my official letter for the Sept 10th delay which is the first 120 day delay.

The new date of Oct 29th is tentative.
If I were you, I would back out definetely. I got delayed but 2 days less for back out option. And we still didn't get the official letter.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2008-07-29, 10:49 AM
Frish Frish is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 207
Default

Before backing out of the deal, go take a look at the options for the same price. We had the option to back out of the deal, we've been delayed 9 months already but there's nothing that even compares out there. As much as I hate to wait and never been as stressed in my life, if you only knew the things I wanted to do or say to them, I wouldn't back out. The only thing for sure is, I'll never have a house built ever again!
__________________
_____________
Lot 34 - Fairwinds North
Original Closing: April 16th 08
Delayed Closing: June 11th 08
Amended Closing: January 7th 09
Amended Amended Closing: March 18th 2009



Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fairwinds north??? gingern Ottawa 107 2008-08-13 09:26 PM
Just Delayed in Fairwinds North mrMatt Ottawa 9 2008-07-26 11:21 AM
Expect More Delays- Fairwinds North Mrs. Stroumboulopoulos Ottawa 12 2008-07-17 10:16 PM
Any puppies in Fairwinds North? JessicaH Ottawa 20 2008-06-13 10:03 AM
Pictures - Fairwinds North Eastland A Ottawa 18 2008-05-30 08:13 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.