Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-11-08, 02:54 PM
Regular User

Default Abbottsville Crossing-Phase 1 and 2

Good morning friends. Hopefully, this is the starting point of discussion with respect to all the homes in Abbottsville crossing, a community on the other side of terry fox road, where Kanata ends and Stittsville starts. Currently Mattamy is releasing their phase 2 lots soon. The neighbourhood builders include Richcraft and urbandale (Bradley commons community), custom builder metric homes.

The 36 feet, 88-89 ft deep lots features the following single homes as per website as of nov 2017
1. Parkside-2669 sq.ft-480,990
2. Valleyfield-2354 sq.ft-457,990
3. Lily-2028 sq.ft-449,990
4. Sycamore-2317 sq.ft-444,990
5. Magnolia-2176 sq.ft-432,990
6. Elm-1902 sq.ft-422,990

Missing from this list is Willowbrook which is available in Barrhaven. People's top choices appears to be Parkside and Sycamore in this community.

We picked Sycamore. It appears to be a modified version of old Youngston model(Fairwinds), Riverport model (Monahan Landing) upgraded with mudrooms etc.

If somebody else has got this model with normal kitchen and plans to expand the kitchen counterspace , we want to hear how they plan to do it. What are the other upgrades they are considering?? We would like to hear from them.

Hopefully this thread will continue till this community is built over several phases and queries to the occupants will be answered.
Old 2017-12-08, 01:59 PM
Regular User

Check out the new OC transpo schedule from Dec 24, 2017.Bus number 167 runs through Abbottsville crossing Community at Rouncey road and Abbott street east and the bus runs till 9 pm. Also bus 252 runs from Fernbank directly to downtown. Some good transit options there. the community roads also showing in OC transpo and google maps now.
Old 2017-12-09, 10:43 PM
Regular User

Mattamy are still selling 88' lots? Come on, you really can't do anything with that. Barely 2 cars in the driveway and 20' out back if you're lucky.

We were lucky enough to purchase a 'premium' lot from Mattamy back in 2012 at 114' deep and even that felt a bit squished to be able to muster any real plans for the backyard.

Sad to see Mattamy (who I generally have good things to say about) is hunting and pecking for every single foot on those lots.
Old 2017-12-10, 10:13 PM
Regular User

A 2650+ sq ft home on a 36'x89' lot? I think you are being very generous thinking they have room for even one car and 20' of rear yard space. But Mattamy seems to attract a different type of buyer. I guess yard and resale value don't factor into their thoughts.
Old 2017-12-11, 02:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
Mattamy are still selling 88' lots? Come on, you really can't do anything with that. Barely 2 cars in the driveway and 20' out back if you're lucky.

We were lucky enough to purchase a 'premium' lot from Mattamy back in 2012 at 114' deep and even that felt a bit squished to be able to muster any real plans for the backyard.

Sad to see Mattamy (who I generally have good things to say about) is hunting and pecking for every single foot on those lots.
Few of them are still available at 15K premium even now-Close to 110 ft.

Having said that recently visited somebody's Urbandale 35 foot lot home (2400 sq.ft). Their backyard space is 20 ft and no better.
Old 2017-12-12, 10:55 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStnDude View Post
A 2650+ sq ft home on a 36'x89' lot? I think you are being very generous thinking they have room for even one car and 20' of rear yard space. But Mattamy seems to attract a different type of buyer. I guess yard and resale value don't factor into their thoughts.
Maybe it does factor into their thoughts, maybe they buy what they can reasonably afford.

Stittsville Abbottsville Mattamy Parkside double garage 2669sq for 480k on a 36x88 lot
Stittsville Bradley Commons Urbandale Lakeview single garage 2119sq for 498k on a 30x105 lot.

Even the smallest Urdandale single house, which is essentially a narrow townhouse converted into a single house on a 30' wide lot, cannot be had for less than 500k (498k base, even without upgrades, closing costs make it more than half a million).

Last edited by electricsky; 2017-12-12 at 10:59 AM.
Old 2017-12-12, 01:04 PM
Regular User

To be fair, Mattamy does include all of their lot dimensions on their site plans online. The same can't be said for other builders (that I've seen anyway). Their site in Abbottsville also has a number of 105+ feet depth lots (for example the ones on the same block as the park on Abbott Street), but I'm not sure if they charge premium on them or not.

I recently purchased an Urbandale town in this area, and kind of true to what BlkStnDude said, yard and resale value weren't very high in my priority list when I was deciding.

Also, search for "The People Of Mattamy Abbottsville Crossing (Kanata, ON)" group on FB to find your future neighbours. Not sure why they prefer to discuss things on a closed group rather than here, but to each their own, I guess.
Old 2017-12-13, 10:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uki View Post
Not sure why they prefer to discuss things on a closed group rather than here, but to each their own, I guess.
A lot of people went to closed type groups after several builders threatened owners after they complained on forums about the quality etc of their newly built home.
Old 2017-12-13, 10:47 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swales View Post
A lot of people went to closed type groups after several builders threatened owners after they complained on forums about the quality etc of their newly built home.
And what builders would these be? If you think you are going to get sued for providing names, feel free to PM me.
Old 2017-12-13, 11:15 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikka View Post
Few of them are still available at 15K premium even now-Close to 110 ft.
That's better!