Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-04-05, 12:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase5 View Post
Of course, they also promised to keep everything for a full year and before delivery, if they go on sale again, we will be credited the extra that we will pay. I think it is a good and pretty decent deal. What do you think?
We did this and saved a ton of money. But remember, YOU have to bring in the evidence and request the price match at the office in the back of the store. I met some people looking a little while after we bought and they were thrilled they would "just be credited" for everything if it went on sale. I burst their bubble on that one....
Old 2017-04-11, 11:58 AM
Regular User

Ended up at Corbeil and it was a great experience. I should have saved my time and not stopped at the Brick first!
Old 2019-06-09, 12:01 PM
Regular User

Corbeil was a good experience for us until things went badly. Our fridge died in a few months and the delivery people caused a lot of damage, but they won't do anything about it. Our second fridge is also defective and I'm sure will die soon, but they don't care about that either and good luck getting LG to take care of their customers with any respect. They just come to your house and tell you that everything is normal.

I wouldn't recommend Corbeil or LG based on their poor customer support after the sale. Our Corbeil salesman tried hard, but no one else supported him in dealing with our problems.
Old 2019-06-12, 09:30 PM
Regular User

No LG fridge for sure.

There was a second class action against LG linear compressor: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/l...ction-lawsuit/. So LG USA upped warranty to 5 years labor and parts, instead of previous 5 years parts only for cooling system, and the warranty update applies to both new and existing customers. Not so in Canada. :-(

The compressor in my LG died in 4.5 years. I think that longer cooling cycle and louder noise started to appear just after 2 - 3 years or so. I paid their 300+tax flat fee repair to have the compressor replaced last week.

I hope someone could bring a class action to Canada some day.

Last edited by shimh; 2019-06-12 at 10:30 PM.