Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-17, 07:53 AM
Regular User

Default Impact of New Finance Policy

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what everyones opinion of the new finance policy from Minister of Finance Jim Flaherty?

See link:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Editorials/1167988.html

IMO it should only affect the speculators and the buyers who would have been mortgage poor if they bought. We are considering buying a house in the near future and I am hoping it will be a positive for us. I think it might be a positive because it will slow down demand for townhouses/ houses geared towards first time home buyers and I think the builders would be more inclined to offer benefits and perks.

What do you think?

Matt