Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-10-11, 09:54 AM
Regular User

Related, sort of. When we move, do we leave our bins at out existing home and get new bins for our new construction? Or do we move our bins with us?
Old 2011-10-11, 10:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200Charlie View Post
Related, sort of. When we move, do we leave our bins at out existing home and get new bins for our new construction? Or do we move our bins with us?
When we moved, we took our blue and black bins but left the green bin. Not sure what the proper protocol is though.

Old 2011-10-11, 10:35 AM
Regular User

Hi,

You are supposed to leave your old bins and get new ones for the new place. Instead of waiting to receive them by mail, you can also visit the city client services centres throughout the city and pick them up in person and redeem for all four items at canadian tire. you even get a few cents of canadian tire money back. lol.
Old 2011-10-11, 01:08 PM
Regular User

Thanks! I couldn't remember what we did last time
Old 2011-10-11, 01:24 PM
Regular User

This is correct, you call the city, they mail you coupons, you redeem them at canadian tire. You get a green bin, black box and blue bin and also one of those kitchen green bin catchers for free.

I would recommend calling the city maybe 2 days before your closing date if you want the coupons sooner than later.

Also, don't forget to call Canada Post. You have to request your mailbox keys from them. They will send a notice card to your door to which you have to bring to a post office to get your mailbox keys.

Try to do this maybe 2 days prior to closing.

They CLAIM that it takes 2 business days to send you the notice card, but I've been waiting almost 2 weeks and I still don't have the notice card to get my mailbox keys. They've "elevated" my situation... :|

I was lucky to spot the mail delivery man and he gave me my mail one day which included the City of Ottawa coupons.