Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2017-09-23, 09:38 AM
Regular User

I used Capital Property Services a few years back at my previous home for exactly this type of work. I was pleased with the result.

Also used them last summer to repair a crack that spanned the entire width of the driveway. Most driveways on my street have the same crack around 6 feet from the street, so there must be something underground in that area. No sign of the crack redeveloping so far, whereas my neighbour's DIY job did not last a year.

http://www.cpsottawa.com/
Old 2017-09-23, 03:15 PM
Regular User

The crack occurs over the sand filled trench where they run utilities. I think its because that sand doesn't flex the same as the gravel on clay base in freeze/thaw cycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1975 View Post
I used Capital Property Services a few years back at my previous home for exactly this type of work. I was pleased with the result.

Also used them last summer to repair a crack that spanned the entire width of the driveway. Most driveways on my street have the same crack around 6 feet from the street, so there must be something underground in that area. No sign of the crack redeveloping so far, whereas my neighbour's DIY job did not last a year.

http://www.cpsottawa.com/