Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-03-08, 10:26 AM

Default Bell Fibe TV

Hello Everyone, new to the Forum

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bell Fibe TV is now available in Burlington, at least North Burlington (Walkers, Dundas), I am getting it installed on Sunday and will post a review. If you are not sure what it is please visit the Bell site, and I can definately say (from a techie perspective) that it is the far superior service to Rogers, Cogeco at the moment. I am switching so that I can ditch the satellite. After speaking with Bell in great length on Friday, it actually ends up to be about the same cost as satellite but you get a lot more channels in the basic service, and of course internet services on your TV. They have a promo at the moment where the Receiver is free if you sign up for 3 years, it's a 600 dollar value, the install is free, which is a good deal becasue from what I understand they will re-wire your house with CAT5 if required. I am not pitching Bell or anything, I just read on these forums that some people are looking for alternative, I have a pretty advanced home network setup and I have done all the research on this service, it seems quite good so I am going to dive in.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:39 PM
Regular User

It all sounds pretty great... until you have an issue. Even a small one. Their customer support is probably the worst I've ever had to deal with.
Old 2012-03-08, 01:20 PM
Administrator

They do not rewire your home with cat5. They put in ethernet over power adapters. Ethernet adapters that plug into your electrical sockets. They mostly work.

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/Products/Home_Connect_Kit
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2012-03-08, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll View Post
It all sounds pretty great... until you have an issue. Even a small one. Their customer support is probably the worst I've ever had to deal with.
Definately agree there. They never seem to get it right the first time. Thats ok though, because when you call back the second time and threaten to cancel your service they start throwing out the discount promotions (as long as you aren't in a contract of course)
Old 2012-03-08, 03:35 PM
Regular User

Bell is like having a sister who is an expensive call girl with the clap…

You are the last person on earth who would ever consider using their services…yet you watch helplessly as everyone else is being over charged whilst the likelihood of all those ‘customers’ walking away from the experience unhappy, and with more than they bargained for, is all too likely…
Old 2012-03-08, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll View Post
Agreed, but I think they are pretty much all like that, I just think it's a fact of life now.
Old 2012-03-08, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
They do not rewire your home with cat5. They put in ethernet over power adapters. Ethernet adapters that plug into your electrical sockets. They mostly work.

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/Products/Home_Connect_Kit
Yeh, maybe they didn't tell me that because I already have CAT5e to every room. But I just assumed they did this from reading the Digital home forums, some people are saying that Bell is drilling through floors and fishing cables. It would be interesting to see if the HPNA can handle the bandwidth. Guess I will find out on Sunday.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:41 PM
Regular User

Let us know how it goes - I've been watching and waiting for FibeTV to come to Burlington. When I checked earlier this week it was still not available.
Old 2012-03-09, 06:38 AM
Regular User

Default Bell Fibe

Can you tell us what the quoted you in terms of cost. I realize that everyone will want to customize their own package based on needs. However, a general breakdown would be appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomedia View Post

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bell Fibe TV is now available in Burlington, at least North Burlington (Walkers, Dundas), I am getting it installed on Sunday and will post a review. If you are not sure what it is please visit the Bell site, and I can definately say (from a techie perspective) that it is the far superior service to Rogers, Cogeco at the moment. I am switching so that I can ditch the satellite. After speaking with Bell in great length on Friday, it actually ends up to be about the same cost as satellite but you get a lot more channels in the basic service, and of course internet services on your TV. They have a promo at the moment where the Receiver is free if you sign up for 3 years, it's a 600 dollar value, the install is free, which is a good deal becasue from what I understand they will re-wire your house with CAT5 if required. I am not pitching Bell or anything, I just read on these forums that some people are looking for alternative, I have a pretty advanced home network setup and I have done all the research on this service, it seems quite good so I am going to dive in.
Old 2012-03-09, 09:41 AM
Regular User

I am putting in my stree address (Fuller Cr) and it is saying that Bell Fibe TV is not available in my area yet. This is odd considering I am actaually east of Walkers Line.

Has anyone else inquired as to the availability of FIBE TV in Alton Village?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomedia View Post