Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Four Seasons

Old 2009-07-08, 05:32 PM

Default Greenpark Model: Hadfield 2 or Hadfield 3

Thinking of purchasing Green Parks Hadfield model. Either Hadfield 3 or Hadfield 2.
Does anyone have these models or looked at them? Any suggestions? Not sure which layout is better? (End of Phase 2, trying to get rid of them.)

Thanks everyone!
Old 2009-07-10, 07:55 PM

Does anyone have the Hadfield 3 or Hadfield 2? Wondering how the big the kitchen feels in H2? Not sure if anyone has moved into their homes at if yet.

Thanks!
Old 2009-07-11, 12:56 PM
Regular User

Are you thinking about buying on Dalgleish??
From what I can remember, both have open concept u-shaped kitchens. the hadfield 2 kitchen looks deceptively big and is well laid out. Overall, I like the look of the hadfield 2 better personally, but both have their perks.

There are some 3's and 2's in the middle of construction on Dalgleish, maybe have a walk thru to see for yourself??
Old 2009-07-11, 09:00 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for responding Maverick09! Yes Hadfield 3 actually has a large kitchen for the size home. (I've seen some 3000 sqf homes with same size) Hadfield 2 is a little smaller. I had a look at both today, it's was tough . Hadfield 3 (larger then H2) is on Scott blvd. Hadfield 2 is on Dalgleish.

Is Scott a very busy street? This is what I'm not sure about? I think Hadfield 3 is what I prefer, however.... that house would be on Scott (main road) Does anyone live on Scott? How is it?

Thanks!
Old 2009-07-11, 10:29 PM
Regular User

Hi Catz,

I remember I was looking at both Hadfields. I'm going to go through the floorplans again, I know the Hadfield 2 very well, but I do know remember that I like the Hadfield 3 just a little bit more - I'll report back though. Its the little things that set the two apart really - I think my girlfriend made a note of the entrance closet for the Hadfield 2 being by the powder room and not the front entrance, might not be a deal breaker but its something that is different between the 2 and 3. Also does the H3 have the laudry upstairs or on the main floor?

What sort of elevations were you looking at? Does the idea of a balcony seem desirable, Hadfield 2 elev 2 has that option (and i see it being built on Dalgleish).

Personlly i choose Dalgleish soley on the fact thats its off Scott. Scott is going to be a major or main roadway in my opinion and i think the traffic is going to get worse alongside the street. Even the sales people when i talked to them mentioned its a harder sell, although if your truly in love with the Hadfield 3 i'm sure you can negiotiate a bigger discount??

Well i'm usually on here quite a bit...I'm more than happy to help out
Old 2009-07-13, 06:16 PM

Hi Maverick09,

Hadfield 3 (2337 sqf) has the laundry on main floor. For Hadfield 2 (2240 sqf), I think the elevation is one with balcony, and although nice, we have kids and that wouldn't work if that room was a bedroom. (Which it would be as it's best for a bedroom because the Main Bath is located just outside and is a shared bath w/ another bedroom.) We have that problem with the house we live in now. It's one of the bigger bedrooms but we use it as an office. And my daughter as the tiny bedroom that was meant to be the office.

It's tough. Hadfield 3 on Scott or Hadfield 2 on Dalgleish? H3 is a better layout for many reasons. I really wonder how busy Scott will be? It's my only concern.
Pros and Cons for both: H3 has bigger bedrooms over all. The landing entrance from garage is nice, has a closet next to it, as well as power room with window.
H2 doesn't have a window in Powder room. :/

But H2 has a slightly bigger dinning room and a window on the landing of the stairs. I could go on and on... but I don't want to bore you.

Do you know where the park is located?

Thanks.
Old 2009-07-13, 06:56 PM

Sorry, the Hadfield 3 has the laundry on the 2nd floor not the main.
Old 2009-07-13, 09:29 PM
Regular User

Hey Catz,

You are definitely not boring me, its the details in the house that make it or break it.

I actually had a chance to go through the H3 last night (theres one being built near my house). I must say the kitchen is definitely a nice size. Although the H2 has a bigger "Great room", its all on personal preference. Yes both models do have the laundry room upstairs. The window by the staircase is nice, that was a big sticking point with me, unfortunately my model doesnt come one, it certainly is a feature i'll miss. I enjoy as much natural light as possible.

Do you find the upstairs layout on the H3 better? I kinda like it better than the big landing found on the H2, but its a matter of personal perference.

Both are good options, have you talked to the sales center about the H3's on Dalgleish? I have heard that some of those homes are just being built but not sold??

The park is located just north on Scott, right across from Porch Gate, about a 2 min walk from the houses on Dalgleish. From what i've heard Heathwood is building a soccer field and setting up some walking paths along the greenspace located across from the park...will be a nice area to be by for sure in the summer.

About Scott...its a matter of opinion, although i understand the diffiulty in choosing...but its tough to say how busy its going to be. Ultimately they will open the roads that run parrellel with Derry to Tremaine so that could alleviate some of the traffic, but it is a major road in the area so one can expect more traffic passing through there than a side road. But i'd suggest going with the house layout that you love...ultimately thats the most important, and you could probably squeeze a little extra during negotiations because it is on Scott {a harder sell...from what i was told].

ANyways...post away, its nice to see some activity on this board

Last edited by maverick09; 2009-07-13 at 09:58 PM.
Old 2009-07-22, 09:26 PM
Regular User

Hey Catz,

How did things turn out? Did you end up going with the Hadfield 3?? I was talking with the sales people today, sounds like they sold the last lot for phase 2 today. They are closing up shop for awhile until phase 3 opens up.

Hope things went well
Old 2009-07-27, 05:11 PM
Regular User

Default Hadfield

I recently bought a Hadfield 3 model. Can anyone list the lot#, street name, city where a similar model exists. There are no model homes for Hadfield 3..