Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Four Seasons

Old 2006-04-30, 03:08 PM
Regular User

Default Does Mortgage show on CREDIT REPORTS????

Does anybody know if the mortage loan shows up on one's credit report? We are just trying to find out, because we plan to buy our appliances on a "buy now, don't pay for 15 months plan".

looking 4ward to hearing from you
Old 2006-04-30, 04:01 PM
Regular User

I am not 99% sure but I think it does.....I had a chance to look at my credit report when I rented my current home and Evething was there...including paid loans and cancelled credit cards....

Old 2006-04-30, 04:46 PM
Regular User

I am talking about MORTGAGES, not credit card loans or other loans, I know those do show up.

cheers
Old 2006-04-30, 05:06 PM
Regular User

what I was trying to say: it probably does. They know the kind of underwear one uses !!!

Old 2006-04-30, 05:10 PM
Regular User

From the Royal LePage website:

"Your personal credit history is compiled by credit bureaus that collect information from various sources including banks, retailers, and other public records, creating a credit report. Information such as what credit and debit cards you have, the types of accounts you have at various financial institutions, information about personal loans, mortgages, student loans, etc., is all part of the report. The report shows the creditors' names, account numbers, the date accounts were started, the current balance, as well as a detailed payment history (for example, how many times you were over 30, 60, or 90 days late in paying bills). Generally, credit reports show information going back six to seven years. "

Old 2006-04-30, 05:35 PM
Regular User

Mate.....I know all this, it's like preaching to the converted I just wanted to know the mortgage bit, as some people have said their mortgage does not show on their credit ratings.

Do you have a mortgage?
Old 2006-04-30, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Everything shows up on your credit report. This includes mortgages, as well as any inquiries that have been done on your credit history. So when shopping for mortgages, be careful about who you let tap your credit history.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:21 AM
Regular User

yeah, mortgages and request for mortgages show up.

You might want to get the mortgage first before you try for the appliances. You wouldn't want the appliances to put you over the top and disqualify you from getting the house mortgage. :shock:
Old 2006-05-01, 08:53 AM
Regular User

Hey,

Just letting you know that most mortgages do NOT show up on your credit bureau report that issuers see.

If you have a line of credit type mortgage, then it will show up on your report as a big line of credit. Other than that, a normal mortgage right now, most banks do not report these. It's competitive advantage thing.

I look at credit bureau reports quite often as part of my job, so if you have other specfic questions, you can PM me.

Cheers,
Suzanne
Old 2006-05-01, 10:11 AM
Regular User

I just went thru this again. ANY institution that does a credit check on you will appear on your credit report. Ie. If you apply to be pre-approved for a mortgage, they will most definitely do a credit check on you, and THAT will appear on your credit history. In terms of other institutions seeing your credit history, they only see WHO has made a credit check on you, they do not know what the credit check was for, or if indeed the institution ended up giving you a mortgage or loan.

Be wary as this happened to us - too many credit checks on your credit history can negatively affect an institutions decision to lend you money or the interest rate at which they will lend it to you.
LOT 87-8 (94 Dougherty)
Closing June 2006