Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

PHAND Telecommunications Installations

Old 2011-01-21, 03:26 PM
Regular User

Default Grading deposit from builder at Upper Thornhill Estates

For the home owners in Upper Thornhill Estates, just wondering if anyone has got the grading deposit from builder yet. It should be $750.

I think builders usually want us to forget and keep it.
Old 2011-01-24, 08:45 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdx View Post
For the home owners in Upper Thornhill Estates, just wondering if anyone has got the grading deposit from builder yet. It should be $750.

I think builders usually want us to forget and keep it.
I've actually called them about this and Linda from Emery homes says that they actually will automatically send it to us once the builder hands over the division to the city. I think they got 2 homes left (50 feet lots). She says that this builder actually is one of the only ones that automatically sends the deposit back w/o you reminding them. With that being said, you should still give them a call once those 2 lots are sold and homes has been built.
Old 2011-01-24, 09:43 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseIIEmery View Post
I've actually called them about this and Linda from Emery homes says that they actually will automatically send it to us once the builder hands over the division to the city. I think they got 2 homes left (50 feet lots). She says that this builder actually is one of the only ones that automatically sends the deposit back w/o you reminding them. With that being said, you should still give them a call once those 2 lots are sold and homes has been built.
Thanks for info. My builder is Century Grove though, and I think they have completely sold out everything in UTE.
Old 2011-01-27, 08:17 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Thanks for info. My builder is Century Grove though, and I think they have completely sold out everything in UTE.
ahh.. sorry we are just in the north east corner above you... but anyhow... sold out doesn't mean you'll get your grade back.. the houses have to be built and closing done. Then they'll hand the area back to the city to manage and then you'll get your deposit back. This is just my understanding of what was explained to me by my builder so yours may be different ..
Old 2011-01-27, 12:18 PM
Regular User

Can you not just call Customer service and ask?
Old 2011-01-31, 10:06 PM
Regular User

Have anyone from Victoria Square got their deposit back yet?

the last time I called they said the grading is not finished yet.

Will probably call builder again.
Old 2011-05-16, 02:49 PM
Regular User

I called the town of markham, last week and the land is still unassumed for Victoria Square....once its assumed you have to email/fax in writing your request and it will take 8-10 weeks to recieve.

the lady did say it can take 5-10 yrs for land to be assumed so the builders all hope us folk forget about it.

im still trying to get back my grading deposit from my original TH from aspen risge home i bought in 2001...there is no time limit.
lady on phone for town of markham said only if they go bankrupt do you not get it back.

Anyone else delayed with Countrywide Homes?
I'd love to hear ur experience and thoughts on it...!
Old 2011-05-16, 03:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post
I called the town of markham, last week and the land is still unassumed for Victoria Square....once its assumed you have to email/fax in writing your request and it will take 8-10 weeks to recieve.

the lady did say it can take 5-10 yrs for land to be assumed so the builders all hope us folk forget about it.

im still trying to get back my grading deposit from my original TH from aspen risge home i bought in 2001...there is no time limit.
lady on phone for town of markham said only if they go bankrupt do you not get it back.
5-10 yrs wait is ridiculous. A lot of time there will be change in ownership within that long time period. That means no one will claim that ever. It is always to the builders' benefits. I am wondering if the people in the City get a share of it and make the process as lengthy as possible.......
Old 2011-05-16, 03:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
5-10 yrs wait is ridiculous. A lot of time there will be change in ownership within that long time period. That means no one will claim that ever. It is always to the builders' benefits. I am wondering if the people in the City get a share of it and make the process as lengthy as possible.......
I know man its ridiculous...i just got an email from ASPEN RIDGE who claim they dont charge their home buyers the GRADING DEPOSIT so i dont get anything back...im gonna check my papers tonight.....

Anyone else delayed with Countrywide Homes?
I'd love to hear ur experience and thoughts on it...!