Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Whitby

Whitby Communities of Whitby, Brooklin, Ashburn and Myrtle for builders Queensgate, Cachet, Tribute, Melody, Fernbrook and more.

Old 2011-02-03, 10:20 PM

Question Highmark Homes?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with Highmark Homes in Ontario? I've tried looking online for any information or reviews I could findm and I've come up with nothing.

We're looking at a development in Whitby called The Valleys of Williamsburg built by Highmark Homes and we want to know if they are reputable builder.

Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:25 PM
Administrator

You can look up any builder through Tarion to get a list of any legitimate complaints.

http://www.tarion.com/Services/build...?bcid=12366051

If anyone has their own opinions, please share them in a PM instead of posting in the forum. Thank-you.
Old 2011-02-13, 12:18 AM

I know one guy who bought from them, He told me they are ok. But he just got delayed.
I was looking at that place but because of the limited lots and limited plans we looked elsewhere.
Old 2011-09-13, 09:08 PM

Default Delayed

Purchased in Williamsburg. Delayed. Mixed feelings. Happy with builder.. Not happy with the third party they use to provide the Deco Ration centre.
Old 2012-02-06, 10:36 PM

Smile Highmark Owner

Have purchased from Highmark within the past 5 years. The quality of most of their building surpasses other builders in the area (we owned a previously well built home in Whitby prior). They are like most builders, and there are delay's as well as 'issues' that you'll find in all new homes. But all in all their homes are well built, good quality materials, nice options and no major issues.
Don't spend a lot on upgrades (all builders get you there) but don't skimp out on the important stuff (like upgraded underpad for carpeting, wood stairs (they're killer to do later), take advantage of their finished basment option (hassle free building and it's done all at once - and warranted!). The quality of some of the workmanship isn't 'custom' but it's good builder material. Would recommend and buy from them again.