Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2011-02-23, 07:26 PM

Default Bradford - exp. with Brookfield or Lormel?

Hi all,

My wife and I have decided, for a number of reasons, that Bradford is the place for our first home. We thought we were set on a property with Brookfield but just recently saw the Lormel floor plans for a home 400 square feet larger (and nicely laid out) for just above the same price point. We also like the exterior of the Lormel home more than that of the Brookfield home - based on the artists rendition, which can admittedly be very deceiving. So now we're very torn between the two and are looking for any experiences anyone can share in regards to either of these two builders. We're looking at a closing date of between June - August of 2012.

Also interested in seeing if any members here actually own an Alliston (Brookfield) or a Glenarm (Lormel). If any do if you could be so kind as to share some pictures that would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully someone can share something to make our decision a little easier. Thanks in advance to our future neighbours.

Coldpint
Old 2011-03-19, 09:00 PM

Default lormel

We bought a Lormel home in Bradford. We too were a little unsure so we went down to their Woodbridge site and went through a model home and also looked around the subdivision while we were there.
At least that way we had something to compare to.
They are all sold out at that location now but you could check out the subdivision down there.
Old 2011-03-22, 12:33 AM

Hi,

I bought my home from Brookfield last September, closing date was Dec 16th( yes 3 months, because it was inventory home), no delay, they told me they have not have any delay in 5 years.

This is my first house so i cant compare with other builders, but there were some mistakes but get fixed timely.

Since i bought my house(sept 2010), the same house from Brookfield has increased $35,000 from 380,000 to $415,000.

When i bought mine house i did not know there was lormel in the erea, there were Rose Haven, Westing House, Country Wide, Great Gulf, Fernbrook

Hope it helps
Old 2011-03-22, 07:38 AM

Thanks to both of you. I was beginning to wonder if anybody actually posts on this site.

"Thehunter", is there anything you would do differently a second time around? Our first trip to the Decor Centre was a bit overwhelming, especially considering the very inflated prices of everything. I suppose that's where a builder makes their money, much like an electronics store that upsells $200 cables with a TV, and anything else with a high margin. Any advice on things we need to pay attention to throughout this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:46 PM
Regular User

If you want to see a current list of NEW Homes for sale in Bradford take a look here:
http://inbradford.ca/2011/06/13/new-...s-in-bradford/

If you would like to take a look at some re-sale homes in the area, give me a shout. I live in Bradford and had bought in Grand Central but switched to another builder for a better deal. I was also a home inspector for a few years (new and old homes) so if you have any question feel free to ask. I'm not on this site often but I do try and check it from time to time.