Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common and more!

Acker Home Inspections

Old 2007-07-03, 08:51 PM
Regular User

Default Holitzner Homes

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'm wondering if anyone has purchased or owns a Holitzner home? My husband and I are moving into a Holitzner townhouse in the Brookside neighbourhood later this month and we can't wait!! So far our home-buying experience has been excellent.

Thanks
Old 2007-10-28, 10:56 PM
Regular User

Question

Hi there!

Congrats on the new home - we were looking at the Holitzner models at Brookside and really like them.

So far, our shortlist includes Holitzner (Brookside), Tamarack (Jackson Trails) or Urbandale (Bridlewood).

I'm wondering how you found working with Holitzner - sales team / design centre / moving / etc.

How are you finding the community since you moved in?

Thanks!
A.
Old 2007-10-28, 11:37 PM
Regular User

Congrats! My S-I-L owns a Holitzner in Barrhaven built in the 80's. Well built and designed home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&BPR View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'm wondering if anyone has purchased or owns a Holitzner home? My husband and I are moving into a Holitzner townhouse in the Brookside neighbourhood later this month and we can't wait!! So far our home-buying experience has been excellent.

Thanks

Lovin' the community.
Old 2007-10-29, 08:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnstar View Post

I'm wondering how you found working with Holitzner - sales team / design centre / moving / etc.

How are you finding the community since you moved in?
We moved into our Holitzner townhome in Brookside at the end of July and overall have had a very positive experience. The sales team (we mostly dealt with Lee) was great, and she was very knowledgeable and always got back to us promptly with our questions. The design centre had lots of selection as standards and it was a very positive (and fun!) experience.

We did have a 3 month delay moving-in, due to getting building permits from the city. This was of course disappointing, but it allowed us to save some more money before moving day. I don't think this will be a problem anymore as they have been building now for several months and seem to be moving quickly.

As for moving, everything went smoothly, most if not all of our issues were dealt with between the PDI and moving day. For our 30 day we brought an inspector through and his list was very short (and no major problems were found). This reassured us that we made the right choice!

The community is growing and people are moving in every week now. I love how there are several different builders here, as I think the variety of homes will provide for interesting streets and overall atmosphere in the neighbourhood.

I hope that answers your questions.....let me know if you have any more questions, and best of luck with your decision!!

b.
Old 2007-10-29, 10:12 AM
Regular User

Your thread was sent out dated 2007-07-03 08:51 PM, but I saw it posted yesterday, I'm I was going to ask you if there was a delay in your closing date when I read your post. When you said later this month, I didn't know it was back in July. I bet I got everybody more confused now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&BPR View Post
Hi everyone!

Thanks

Lovin' the community.
Old 2007-10-29, 10:19 AM
Regular User

Hahaha...yes, I'm confused now too

I originally posted back in July (before we moved) and nobody responded. Then somebody did yesterday! We actually closed on July 27th. We've been in our place for 3 months already!

Cheers!

b.
Old 2007-10-29, 11:00 AM
Regular User

Well, this was the only post referring specifically to someone owning a Holitzner home I had to dig back in the posts to find it!

Thanks for the information.
We really liked Brookside and I love the Holitzner floorplans and exteriors. It's just so hard to find information on smaller builders!
Old 2007-10-29, 09:33 PM
Regular User

I had a couple of uncles and aunts that either have owned or currently own a Holitzner home and had nothing but positive feedback from their experiences . . . mind you this was/is from the 90's so I cannot comment post 2000; though we did consider Holitzner as one of our top choices before buying with cardel. They do offer good bang for your buck (decent standards).

If you are looking in Brookside I would also take a look at Garand Homes (another smaller scale builder) as I also have a friend who will be closing with them the coming months and he has had nothing but glowing reviews from his dealings.
Old 2007-10-30, 02:46 AM
Regular User

Talking

Previous post concerning Garand.

cdnstar,
We bought in Brookside from Garand homes and purchased a townhome (moved in June 14) First ones in the development. It all depends what type of home you are looking for. I would highly recommend Garand. He is a smaller builder and is run by the family so everything is taken care of fast, also you have the benefit of with dealing with the owner (Pierre) as he is always onsite (working hands on) and making sure things are done. His wife works in the sales center Also his site supervisior is a childhood friend so there is no monkeying around and things get done. He has been in business for over 50yrs, taking over from his father and neither has never missed a closing date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2007-10-30, 07:29 AM
Regular User

Default Garand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson_g View Post
Previous post concerning Garand.

cdnstar,
We bought in Brookside from Garand homes and purchased a townhome (moved in June 14) First ones in the development. It all depends what type of home you are looking for. I would highly recommend Garand. He is a smaller builder and is run by the family so everything is taken care of fast, also you have the benefit of with dealing with the owner (Pierre) as he is always onsite (working hands on) and making sure things are done. His wife works in the sales center Also his site supervisior is a childhood friend so there is no monkeying around and things get done. He has been in business for over 50yrs, taking over from his father and neither has never missed a closing date.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Meth, Molson_g. We've looked at the Garand offerings, and they just don't match up with what we're looking for - there was only one model in our size range, and the master bedroom was much to small for what we wanted.
Otherwise, I would have to agree that they look good - and I've heard such positive things about them!
- A.