Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Four Seasons

Old 2005-10-01, 06:54 PM

Default BeaverHall homes and Millwood Homes

Hi everybody,
We have been looking at homes in Milton and we just wanted some feedback about the builders in terms of quality, the way the homes looked once they were finished, if closing dates were met or delayed and most of all if the homes are very open, we don't like too many walls. If someone could suggest or compare builders that would be great. Thank You.
Old 2005-10-01, 07:14 PM
Regular User

Our advice would be to see what lots and or floor plans are available on line at each builders web site. It is where we first saw the floor plan that we loved. As for choosing a builder, you can find ratings on line. I believe we don't want to wish to post any problems with builders we may or may not have had to respect Greg's desires for this site.

You definitely need more than one person's opinion but you should be able to read through previous posts and get a feel for who is happy and who is not. It is all personal opinions so ultimately you need to feel comfortable with which builder you choose.

As for delays, there seem to be many notes on who has or has not been delayed that may assist you.

Hope that helps. Sorry it isn't more specific.
Old 2005-10-02, 08:30 AM

I agree with David & Leah, you have to do some really good investigating. Always make sure they are recognized by the new home warranty program now known as Tarion check out their website and see if the builder has a good standing with them.
Word of mouth is very powerful but the best time to ask is after the consumer has been in 6 months at least as emotions are very high in the begining.The largest concern the homeowner may have at that time maybe viewed as insignificant to the builder and that can cause friction, most times just out of stress.
I personally would recommend my builder.....but we haven't moved in yet! ask us again in 6 months we move in 2 weeks.
So far I would give them a really good recommendation.

David and Darlene
Beaverhall Phase II
Old 2005-10-03, 08:30 AM
Regular User

Default Millwood

Hello,
I bought a Millwood Home, and I am extreemly pleased with it and with the service that I have received. If you have any specific questions send me a message and I'd be happy to talk to you. I had one 2 month delay, and had good notice and it all worked out nicely.
Jodie
Old 2005-10-05, 04:49 PM

thank you for all that replied to my post. It was helpful. My other concern is the WATER! I heard that a few of the builders had to bring water into milton. Is that true? Is there going to be a shortage of water? Also what do you guys think about the railway track that goes through Milton, can you hear it? Thanks