Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common and more!

Acker Home Inspections

Old 2009-04-20, 11:48 PM
Regular User

Default eavestrough prices

Hi,
I've recently got some prices from two different companies for roughly 270ft of eavestrough for a single home. The prices were between $1400-1500. Has anyone here had eavestrough done on their home and know if this price looks reasonable? The ones I've found in the forum discussed about townhomes in the $900 range but never really got into the details of the length of eavestrough done.

That aside, the prices seem relatively close so I guess it comes down to service. One quote was from Maize and another from Joel Daniels. Has anyone had experience with either companies recently?
Old 2009-04-21, 09:00 AM
Regular User

I got from Regional/Maize/PC/Roof Rite for around 265", price was 1450 up 2200.
Old 2009-04-21, 09:43 AM
Regular User

I just had my Eavestrough's done 2 weeks ago. I went with X-treme after reading a couple of reviews online. I called and they came over the next day to give me a quotation. Very professional and very reasonable. Their website is http://www.gouttieres-xtreme.com/en/index.htm

I live in Stonebridge and my home is approximately 3100 square feet and we paid $1389 plus GST. and it was done within a week and looks great. We are very happy with the end result.

Sarah
Old 2009-04-21, 01:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
Hi,
I've recently got some prices from two different companies for roughly 270ft of eavestrough for a single home. The prices were between $1400-1500. Has anyone here had eavestrough done on their home and know if this price looks reasonable? The ones I've found in the forum discussed about townhomes in the $900 range but never really got into the details of the length of eavestrough done.

That aside, the prices seem relatively close so I guess it comes down to service. One quote was from Maize and another from Joel Daniels. Has anyone had experience with either companies recently?
Hi there! I think the price is just right. We got a quote for $286ft from Regional for $1518 and from Joel Daniels for $1800. We went with Joel Daniels. We highly recommend them! They were highly professionals, quick to answer all of our emails and can always get a hold of them over the phone. They installed our eavestrough last week without any problems, and it looks great. The profiles they offer adds a beautiful touch to the eavestrough (not to mention other advantages we saw by going with Joel Daniels). Good luck!
Old 2009-04-22, 12:12 PM
Regular User

We have the Mattamy summercliffe and was recently quoted $1200 taxes in from Regional. Don't just go back the length, as prices will vary depending on the number of angles, corners, etc.
Old 2009-04-22, 12:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Y View Post
I just had my Eavestrough's done 2 weeks ago. I went with X-treme after reading a couple of reviews online. I called and they came over the next day to give me a quotation. Very professional and very reasonable. Their website is http://www.gouttieres-xtreme.com/en/index.htm

I live in Stonebridge and my home is approximately 3100 square feet and we paid $1389 plus GST. and it was done within a week and looks great. We are very happy with the end result.

Sarah
Did you get the eavesthrough with the cover on the top that prevents leaves/debris from getting in ?
Old 2009-04-23, 11:03 AM
Regular User

No we did not get that type of evestrough. I was actually interested in them but the sales guy at X-Treme said that because we don't have many trees around our house it would be much more expensive and not worth the extra cost.

Sarah
Old 2009-04-23, 04:24 PM
Regular User

Do you have to wait for a period of time before installing eavestroughs on a new construction?

@Sarah, did you ask Monarch anything about them? ie. warranty issues etc.
Old 2009-04-26, 07:38 AM
Regular User

I got mine done from Maize, I'm in Stonebridge as well. They told me they will do the job sometime in May. Came home Tue. Apr. 21st and everything was done $1250 tax included. It's all good, I'm very happy with it

Lovin' the community.
Old 2009-04-26, 01:01 PM
Regular User

In Chaperal, there are signs everywhere for Regional, Maize and Houle. But I will give Joel Daniels a call based on reviews here. My house is also 3100 sqf and i'm encouraged by the prices quoted here. We bought an inventory home and we weren't told we had to take care of eavestroughing ourselves...hidden cost #1. On the good side, at least we get to chose the product and colour we want.